The freeAir 100 MVHR units have got two filters of M5 grade installed: An intake filter and an extract filter, which keep the heat exchanger clean and keep the incoming air filtered.
Following video shows the filterchange – unfortunately it is in German – here are the main points to consider:
- Switch off the MVHR unit by pressing the metal pin on the right hand side of the unit.
- Keep a cloth handy, in case condensate drips off the unit, when pulling it out.
- Pull the freeAir 100 unit out of its shell by holding it on the sides (not the bottom of the front plate).
- Wipe with a cloth the inside of the shell, where the seal of the unit normally sits.
- Take out and replace the intake filter by slightly bending the metal clamps to the side (at the back of the unit).
- Take out and replace the extract filter on the side of the unit.
- Push the MVHR unit back into its shell. Make sure it is fully pushed back.
- While the unit is off keep the button on the front pressed, while switching on the unit (press pin on the r/h side) until a beep sounds – the unit is now in service mode.
- Switch the unit off again and wait until the lights have come off completely.
- Now the unit can be switched on, the filter timer is re-set.