Our indoor air quality (IAQ) is influenced by a number of different factors. Se below for a brief guide what makes up our indoor air and how it can influence us.
- What makes up our indoor air and how can it influence us.
- Oxygen is vital for us, but in many cases it is depleted through lack of ventilation, which is flagged up by increased CO2 levels.
- Living in busy cities leads in many cases to high NOx exposure.
- Micro dust or particulate matter can build up indoors.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), such as Formaldehyde can off-gas from materials and build up indoors.
- Some areas are also affected by Radon out of the ground.
- Renovated properties often suffer from high humidity levels.
- House dust mites thrive on humidity and can cause allergic reactions.
- Black mould infestation in poorly ventilated homes.